Sunday, December 9, 2012

Approved!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh to hear that one long awaited and exciting word, "APPROVED". Still brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it. 

(No this does not mean we are finished with our home study.....ha just got approved to start it)

  Ok so it took Blake and I a while to decide on the agency we wanted to go with for our Home Study. I called three different agencies finding out the basic info. What are your fees, what is the process, etc. After speaking with the first agency I went ahead and made an appoint for our intake interview. I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and set up a time. Then I called the second agency. They were nice but just not for us. I had pretty much already thought in my mind that we would go with the first one, but I still wanted to call the last agency to see what they could offer. I called the last agency, left a message and waited. I didn't hear anything from them until later that night. While talking to the third agency on the phone that night I began to tell her that we are using an adoption agency that is based out of Mesquite, NV and she immediately said, "Ohhh Premier.....they are great!!!". My heart stopped and I had chills. This was another sign that this would be the agency we would use for our Home Study. The one that would bring us one step closer to Baby Oakley. 

Two days had passed and Blake and I finally have a moment to sit down and fill out the online application for Adoption Assistance (Home Study Agency).  The application took 5 minutes to fill out and submit. And at the end of reading and rechecking to make sure we had everything correct I clicked the submit button at the end.
Blake and I immediately looked at each other....And boy what a moment that was!!!!! Several days went by and we didn't hear anything from the agency. Sitting on pins and needles is an understatement at this point. Then on Friday November 30 at 10:07 a life changing moment happened for the Oakleys. I looked at my phone and noticed I had missed a call from a strange number. I checked my voice mail and it was from our agency. The lady started off the message by saying," I am so sorry".......OH...MY...GOSH....I thought to myself is she going to tell me we didn't get approved???? But then she followed with, " I am so sorry that I just got your application today". Long story short apparently it didn't go through the first time and was mixed up in the mail. Deep Sigh of RELIEF. Then that one word came.....or at least it was the only word I could hear at that moment. "Approved"....Our application had been approved and we could now start our home study!!!!!!!! And on the spot I broke down....I broke down with a million different emotions and tears. And all I could do at that moment was thank God. I thanked God over and over and over again. Then I called Blake several times until he called me back. After barely being able to explain everything to him (to the point he could understand me through the crying) I called my parents, in laws, grandparents, and sent a text my closest friends. I was beyond excited!!!! We had an home study agency and a social worker and I was beside myself.

Shortly after I received an email with the home study packet and thus begins the paperwork....HERE WE GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment